Recreation Supervisor I - Usher's Ferry
$8.50 - $9.50 Hourly
Responsible for providing assistance to the leaders of Ushers Ferry programs and maintaining order with the participants in the group.
Assist with programs as directed by a supervisor.
Position Schedule: Hours will vary, typically 10-30 hours per week
Examples of Duties / Knowledge & Skills
- Assist with school tours for students teaching the historical aspects of the times;
- Assist with programs for all ages both active indoor and outdoor activities;
- Assist with special events and program duties as assigned;
- Plan specific arts and crafts and active and quiet games and activities;
- Organize all materials and supplies needed for programs and activities and report to supervisor for materials or supplies that need to be ordered;
- Check in and check out children for attendance;
- Assist with the oversight of the set up and the clean-up of the events;
- Ensure that all the rules are followed;
- Be courteous and professional;
- Performs all work duties and activities in accordance with City policies, procedures and safety practices;
- Attends work regularly at the designated place and time;
- Supports continuous process improvement initiatives;
- Performs related work as required.
Minimum qualifications & Requirements
Required Knowledge and Abilities:
Acceptable Experience and Training:
- Ability to work cooperatively and to maintain effective working relationships to accomplish job responsibilities;
- Ability to quickly learn and put to use new skills and knowledge brought about by rapidly changing information and/or technology;
- Ingenuity and inventiveness in the performance of assigned tasks.
Essential Physical Abilities:
- Ability to work with all ages, with an emphasis on children and youth activities;
- Outdoor program experience desired;
- Ability to communicate with groups;
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work.
- Requires the following with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing, which permits the employee to communicate effectively;
- Sufficient vision, which permits the employee to observe the activities being performed;
- Sufficient manual dexterity, which permits the employee to prepare attendance sheets and other correspondence.
For more information or to apply https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/cedarrapids/jobs/1973668/recreation-supervisor-i-ushers-ferry