This position is an excellent opportunity for a candidate interested in historical interpretation, environmental education or agricultural education to gain valuable work experience in the field.
We provide programs that cultivate a respect for the agricultural history of Delaware County as well as a desire to conserve the land and its many resources for future generations.
- Assists with the development, coordination and daily operation of the District’s Summer Day Camp Program for children ages 7-12 years.
- Research, develop and deliver creative and engaging historical interpretive programs and living history demonstrations.
- Performs a variety of agricultural, animal husbandry, grounds and facility maintenance and domestic tasks to ensure efficient operation of the farm.
- Wears period style clothing while providing interpretation and performing work.
- Valid driver's license and evidence of satisfactory driving record for insurability.
- Basic understanding of historical and natural interpretation as it relates to agricultural heritage.
- Experience working with all ages.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills: Ability to effectively relate to people.
- First aid and CPR certified or ability to become certified.
- Ability to work weekend, evenings and holidays.
Hours: 40 hours/week, M-F, some weekends, evenings and holidays
Pay: $10.00 / Hour
Duration: Up to 24 Weeks
Contact: Tony Benishek @ 740-524-8600 ext. 7, email@example.com