For the complete job description and application go to https://www.connerprairie.org/join-our-team/
Historic Trades Specialist - Lead Potter - Full-Time w/Benefits
Job Location - Conner Prairie Museum - Fishers, IN
Position Type - Full Time
Education Level - High School
Travel Percentage - None
Job Shift - Day
Job Category - Skilled Labor - Trades
Principal Function: The Historic Trades Specialist Lead Potter is responsible for overseeing operations of the historic pottery shop and modern pottery shop. This position will be responsible for ensuring that the historic first-person pottery shop holds guest engagement to the highest standard. This will be done through supporting part-time pottery staff with the training and tools/materials needed to do their job successfully. In addition, the lead potter will be responsible for oversight of the modern pottery shop operations including support/teaching of pottery classes and producing pottery for reproductions and retail sale.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provides creative, immersive guest experiences in the historic pottery shop.
- Possesses knowledge in pottery to include: wheel throwing, glazing, decorating and kiln loading/firing using electric, gas and wood kilns.
- Ability to teach wheel thrown pottery to others.
- Reproduces pottery for use on the historic grounds.
- Facilitates, designs and implements historic workshops for guests.
- Produces pottery for sale in the Conner Prairie Store and other outlets.
- Maintains tools, supplies and equipment necessary for pottery production.
- Supports the mission, vision, values and inclusion goals of Conner Prairie.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job may supervise part-time and part-time flex staff as needed.
Education and/or Experience: High School diploma or GED; a minimum of two (2) years of pottery trade experience; knowledge in or degree in history, trades or related field desired.